On Campus Housing

Creighton University offers on-campus housing for all full-time matriculated students. All unmarried undergraduate students from outside the immediate Omaha area (as defined by the University) are required to live in University residence halls during their first two years at the University. Students from the Omaha area may live in the residence halls. Otherwise, during their first two years at the University, students from the Omaha area must live with a parent or guardian. A request to be exempt from the residency requirement must be made in writing to the Office of the Associate Vice Provost for Student Life-Residence Life by July 15th for requests for the upcoming Fall Semester (April 1 for Opus Hall and Davis Square students) and December 1 for the Spring Semester. Only the Associate Vice Provost for Student Life will be able to permit these exemptions. A resident must be a full-time, matriculated student at the University. If space allows, the University may permit housing of part-time students in University residence halls.

The University operates nine residence halls. Deglman, Kiewit, and Gallagher Halls are traditional-style freshman residence halls with common bathroom facilities. Rooms are double occupancy. Space in Swanson Hall is available to freshman students as well. Swanson is a suite-style hall with four freshman or four sophomore students per suite. McGloin Hall is also a suite-style hall with four sophomore students per suite. Kenefick Hall is an apartment-style hall for sophomores with double-occupancy efficiency and one-bedroom apartments.  Heider Hall is an apartment-style residence with double and quad-occupancy efficiency, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments open to sophomore undergraduates.  Davis Square and Opus Hall, apartment complexes for junior and senior-level students, house students in two, three, or four-bedroom apartments.  Residents of Davis Square and Opus Hall sign a 12-month lease. All other students contract for the full academic year, beginning in August and continuing until the end of exams the following May.

The residence hall agreement is for room and board. All freshman and sophomore residents are required to have a meal plan. Students living in Deglman, Gallagher, Kiewit, Swanson, and McGloin Halls must choose from 12, 15, or 19 meals per week. Kenefick Hall residents and sophomores living in Heider must select from these three plans or the SuperFlex meal plan. Residents of Davis Square, Opus Hall, and Heider Hall (except sophomores) may purchase 12, 15, or 19 meals per week, the Super Flex meal plan or the Flex meal plan. A student requesting to be waived from the board plan for medical or other reasons must furnish documentation to the Associate Vice Provost for Student Life-Residence Life for review. Generally, the University Dining Services is able to meet most dietary needs. Board plans are also available to off campus and commuting students.

Meals are served in the Becker and Brandeis dining areas located adjacent to the campus residence halls. Students on the board plans may also have dinner in other campus retail locations as part of the meal exchange program. More information about dining opportunities is available from Sodexho food service located on the lower level of Brandeis Hall.

The annual room and board rates in University residence halls effective August 2016 are:

Building Type Room Annual Rate
Deglman, Kiewit & Gallagher Halls (Freshmen)Double $6024
Private $8856
Kiewit Triple Rate$4000
Swanson Hall (Freshmen and Sophomores)Suite Double$6348
Suite Private$9328
McGloin Hall (Sophomores)Suite Double$6540
Suite Private$9720
Kenefick Hall (Sophomores)Efficiency Double $6540
1 Bedroom Double $6636
Heider Hall (Sophomores)Efficiency Double$6540
Efficiency Private$9720
Small 1 Bedroom Double $6592
Suite Double$6540
Large 1 Bedroom Double $6636
2 Bedroom$6696
Davis Square, Opus Hall (12 month contract) (Juniors and Seniors)2/3/4 Bedroom Apartments and Lofts$8712
Damage Deposit$100
Recontracting Fee$75
Board Plans Type Annual Rate
All Access Plan/$150 dining dollars + 5 guest passes$4576
15 Meal Plan + $360 dining dollars + 5 guest passes$4576
12 Meal Plan + $460 dining dollars + 5 guest passes$4576
9 Meal Plan + $550 dining dollars + 5 guest passes$4576
Flex 45 + $325 dining dollars$1432
Flex 65 + $400 dining dollars$1908
Flex 90 + $450 dining dollars$2396

New students must apply to the Department of Residence Life for a residence hall reservation. All students pay a damage deposit of $100. Each semester's tuition, fees, and room and board charges are payable at the time of registration. However, arrangements may be made to pay monthly installments by using the University's Monthly Electronic Transfer (MET) plan.

Room and board rates are subject to change without notice. Any special needs as to age or physical condition requiring special housing arrangements will be given full consideration by the Associate Vice Provost for Student Services-Residence Life. Questions regarding housing services and facilities may be directed to the Department of Residence Life, Swanson Hall; telephone (402)280-2717.

Family Housing

Creighton University has limited space in the apartment-style Heider residence hall for families. A twelve-month lease is required on all apartments except for those graduating at the end of the current semester. Available for families are the large one-bedroom apartments (655 sq. ft.) and two-bedroom apartments (1215 sq. ft.). There are only four two-bedroom apartments in Heider Hall. Family housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Off Campus Housing

The Department of Residence Life lists information on rentals in the area of campus. The actual arrangements for housing are left to the individual students. The University is not responsible for the rental agreements between students and their landlords. It is suggested that students set aside several days before registering to search, inspect, and contract for suitable housing.