- Graduates will analyze theoretical concepts and knowledge from nursing and other disciplines relevant to advanced nursing practice in the provision and improvement of health care.
- Graduates will assume leadership in designing, managing and implementing quality, cost-effective, and innovative services to clients in a variety of health care settings.
- Graduates will incorporate knowledge of population-based care and cultural influences in ensuring appropriate and sensitive health care.
- Graduates will influence health policy formulation and implementation to address socioeconomic and health care issues.
- Graduates will demonstrate proficiency in analyzing and utilizing research from nursing and other relevant disciplines to improve practice.
- Graduates will engage in a systematic process of moral reasoning and values-based dialogue to resolve/address ethical dilemmas/situations.
- Graduates will demonstrate competency in an advanced nursing role.
Post-Graduate Certificate in Clinical Nurse Leader
|Role Support Core Courses 1|
|NUR 607||Pharmacology Across the Lifespan for Advanced Nursing Practice||3|
|NUR 650||Advanced Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan||3|
|NUR 694||Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan||3|
|NUR 756||Health Promotion and Disease Prevention in the Gerontological Population||2|
|NUR 775||Practicum I: Health Assessment - Clinical Nurse Leader||1|
|Specialty and Role Courses|
|NUR 674||Practicum II: Clinical Nurse Leader (75 clinical hours)||1|
|NUR 691||Practicum III: Care Management and Outcomes Management (150 clinical hours)||2|
|NUR 701||Clinical Nurse Leader Seminar||1|
|NUR 700||Clinical Nurse Leader Residency (300 clinical hours)||4|
Clinical and course credits MAY be adjusted depending on previous graduate course work. The student will be required to submit verification of previous graduate clinical courses/clinical hours. Additional courses may be needed after transcripts are reviewed.
Note: This program of study includes 60 laboratory hours and 600 supervised clinical practice hours.