Clinical Ethics Consultation Graduate Certificate
This 15-credit certificate program includes several of the foundational courses in the Master of Science in Bioethics program. The program will provide foundational knowledge to health care professionals and others who are interested in advancing their skills in ethical assessment and analysis, process skills and interpersonal skills. Knowledge and skills gained through this certificate program will be valuable to individuals who are interested in serving on or leading an ethics committee or who wish to prepare for a national certification exam in healthcare ethics consultation, established by a commission of the American Society of Bioethics and Humanities.
- Identify and deconstruct ethical problems in health care, systems, policies and laws.
- Apply ethical principles, norms, and theories in ethically complex situations to facilitate open and informed discussion among multiple stakeholders.
- Educate others about ethical issues in health care.
- Reflect on one's relevant experiences, values, and intuitions and how these might influence one's approach to ethics consultations.
- Incorporate diverse perspectives from the humanities and liberal arts into ethical reflection about health care structures.
Certificate in Clinical Ethics Consultation requirements: (15 credits)
|MHE 600||Scholarly Reading and Writing||3|
|MHE 603||Law and Health Care Ethics||3|
|or NCR 630||Health Care Collaboration and Conflict Engagement|
|MHE 607||Practical Ethics in Health Care Settings||3|
|MHE 614||Ethical Aspects of End-of-Life Care||3|
|MHE 615||Patient-Centered Consultation||3|