Program Director: Ryan Batenhorst, MEd, NRP
Program Office: Paramedicine Education, Vinardi Center/Old Gym
Paramedicine Education Mission
The mission of the Creighton University Paramedicine program is to provide high quality Paramedicine education which will empower individuals to become compassionate, respectful, skilled and knowledgeable care providers who value education as a lifelong process.
Paramedicine Education Vision Statement
Creighton University Paramedicine Education will be recognized regionally and nationally for excellence in Paramedicine education, scholarship and service.
Instructors will be recognized regionally and nationally as experts in Paramedicine education and as leaders, innovators and scholars.
Paramedicine graduates will be recognized by the community of Paramedicine for competence, character and dedication to excellence and they are continually recruited by reputable employers regionally and nationally, and are recognized by those employers as the most highly qualified of entry-level professionals.
Paramedicine graduates will also be accepted into graduate and professional programs, including schools of medicine, law, and allied health professional schools.
Creighton University has been educating medical professionals for over 100 years and a leader in Paramedicine Education for over 40 years. As the field continues to grow and change, leaders and educators with a background in emergency medicine are needed more than ever to help shape the future of Paramedicine.
Creighton University's online Master of Science in Paramedicine will give you the edge in today's competitive professional world of Paramedicine. Our program is carefully designed to provide you with the most current curriculum. You will learn from accomplished faculty members who are national and international leaders in Paramedicine. You will benefit from their experience as you build your base of theoretical and practical knowledge. Throughout your studies you will acquire tools and techniques that will increase your effectiveness and expand your career opportunities.
This 36-credit hour program is offered in 8-week online courses.
This program prepares healthcare professionals with Paramedicine experience and a baccalaureate degree for leadership roles requiring administration, planning, education and training and research and development.
Develop skills in:
- Organizational development and change
- Financial management
- Clinical quality management
- Legal and ethical aspects
- Analysis and Implementation of Research
- Human resource management
Graduates with the Master of Science degree in Paramedicine will:
- Demonstrate competency in administration, including human resources management, leadership, planning, communication, clinical care, operations and finance;
- Work effectively and in solidarity across the distinctions of human diversity;
- Communicate respectfully and effectively through all modes of expression;
- Combine critical thinking, disciplined research, and effective problem-solving in Paramedicine;
- Employ ethical decision making, service, and civic responsibility in accordance with the Judeo-Christian tradition and Ignatian values and those values consistent with the health care professions and serving as a leader, administrator, educator, mentor, and advocate for the field of Paramedicine.
Preferred candidates would be experienced professionals with at least three years practice experience in the field of Paramedicine, a related BA or BS degree with a GPA of at least 3.2. Additional requirements include:
- Completed application and application fee;
- Curriculum Vitae including relevant education and any employment history, certifications and licensures, teaching and research experience, publications, presentations, awards, honors, affiliations, professional associations, experience and background in Paramedicine and/or healthcare.
- Personal Statement: Using 500 words or less, please respond to the following: Explain how successful completion of this program will assist you in achieving your professional goals.
- Recommendation forms: Three letters of recommendation submitted by persons other than family members and preferably submitted by employers, undergraduate faculty, and colleagues;
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): All international applicants from countries in which English is not the primary language must demonstrate proficiency in English language by submitting a minimum TOEFL score of 90 iBT (233 CBT/577 PBT). International applicants who receive their baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited institution in the US, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or Africa (English-speaking only) are not required to submit a TOEFL score report.
Assessment Plan for Student Learning
The grading system for all courses is based on formally developed rubrics. The standard university A-B-C- F grading scale is utilized throughout the program, except in the practica courses, which are graded as (S) Satisfactory) and (U) Unsatisfactory. Candidates for program completion will complete a capstone project as partial fulfillment of the requirements for the MS Paramedicne degree. Capstone projects will be reviewed by the MS Paramedicine faculty and two recognized Paramedicine leaders that have a Master’s degree in Paramedicine or a related field, such as management, science, education, medicine, or nursing.