University Health Insurance Requirement:
Comprehensive Health Insurance is required for ALL Full-time students1 and must include the following:
- National Coverage for inpatient and outpatient medical care. (Emergency only coverage does not satisfy this requirement).
- National Coverage for inpatient and outpatient mental health care. (Emergency only coverage does not satisfy this requirement).
- Coverage is currently active and maintained for the entire school year, including summers.
- Offers an unlimited lifetime maximum.
Full-time status = Undergraduate: 12 credits/semester; Graduate: 8 credits/semester
Creighton University Student Health Insurance Plan
- New and returning students are auto-enrolled in the University-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan.
- If a student already has a comprehensive insurance plan, he/she must waive the coverage through the student's NEST account. International students (on an F-1 or J-1 visa) are not eligible to waive the health insurance coverage.
- The on-line waiver process begins each July 1st and continues through the deadline of August 26th. This information is required on an annual basis.
- The premium for the University-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan will remain on the student’s account unless the waiver process is completed before the deadline.
- When the Health Education and Compliance Office becomes aware of a lapse in the student’s insurance coverage, the student will be automatically enrolled in the University-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan and the tuition statement will reflect a charge for the entire premium.
For additional information please contact the Student Health Education and Compliance Office:
Health Insurance Requirements