The master’s degree in educational leadership prepares individuals to play a leadership role in schools. Students may choose either the school administration program or the teacher leadership program in pursuit of the educational leadership degree.
Graduates will become educational leaders who:
- Promote the success of all students by enabling a collaborative vision of student success, by sustaining a positive school culture, and by effectively managing the school.
- Lead processes that collect and analyze information and that lead to decisions which effect change and improve the school.
- Embody educational values that are based on the Ignatian and Education Department charisms of cura personalis, magis, men and women for and with others, and contemplation in action.
- Communicate knowledge skillfully to specialized and non-specialied persons alike orally and in writing.
- Incorporate reflective practice and apply ethical principles such as integrity and fairness when making personal and professional decisions.
- Value diversity and respond to the interests and needs of a diverse community.
Specialization in Teacher Leadership
This 36-credit program is designed for the individual who desires to serve as a teacher leader in roles such as instructional coach, mentor, or curriculum specialist. The program consists of 8-week online courses designed to provide both theoretical and practical knowledge of teacher leadership.
The requirements for all Educational Leadership Programs include a bachelor's degree with a 3.0 GPA, teaching certificate, and two years of teaching experience in a state-approved school.
|General Required Courses|
|EDL 607||School Improvement||3|
|EDL 609||Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment, Part I||3|
|EDL 610||Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment, Part II||3|
|EDL 613||Intervention Strategies||3|
|EDL 614||Leading Professional Learning Communities||3|
|EDL 615||Student Centered Coaching||3|
|EDL 616||Analyzing Student Work||3|
|EDL 619||School Culture||3|
|EDL 622||School Law||3|
|EDL 635||Internship I in Teacher Leadership||3|
|NCR 632||Effective Conflict Engagement for Educational Leaders||3|
|Required Courses for Catholic School Educators|
|EDL 605||Foundations of Catholic Education||3|
|Required Courses for Public School Educators|
|EDL 612||Special Education Leadership||3|