2017-2018 Creighton University Catalog
Post-Graduate Certificate Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Post-Graduate Certificate in Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Graduates will analyze theoretical concepts and knowledge from nursing and other disciplines relevant to advanced nursing practice in the provision and improvement of health care.
- Graduates will assume leadership in designing, managing and implementing quality, cost-effective, and innovative services to clients in a variety of health care settings.
- Graduates will incorporate knowledge of population-based care and cultural influences in ensuring appropriate and sensitive health care.
- Graduates will influence health policy formulation and implementation to address socioeconomic and health care issues.
- Graduates will demonstrate proficiency in analyzing and utilizing research from nursing and other relevant disciplines to improve practice.
- Graduates will engage in a systematic process of moral reasoning and values-based dialogue to resolve/address ethical dilemmas/situations.
- Graduates will demonstrate competency in an advanced nursing role.
Course requirements (16 credits)
|NUR 737||Care of the Pediatric Patient in the Urgent/Emergency Setting||2|
|NUR 740||Practicum III: Pediatric Acute and Primary Care in the Urgent/Emergency Care Setting||2|
|NUR 810||Care of the Acute and Chronically Ill Child||4|
|NUR 812||Practicum IV: Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner||2|
|NUR 814||Care of the Critically Ill Child||3|
|NUR 816||Practicum V: Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner II||3|