BSBA, Finance-Financial Analysis / MIMFA
The BSBA to MIMFA Accelerated program provides an efficient progression to complete the BSBA in Finance (concentration in Financial Analysis) and the Master of Investment Management and Financial Analysis in an accelerated time frame. The accelerated program enables undergraduate students to begin taking MIMFA coursework during their final undergraduate year (i.e., 4th year) in order to complete their master’s degree at the conclusion of their 5th year. Students in the BSBA: Finance Analysis Track program may apply up to six credit hours of MIMFA coursework to both their BSBA degree (as electives) and to the MIMFA master’s degree.
Students in the BSBA to MIMFA Accelerated program will enroll in twelve graduate credit hours during their final two to four semesters as a BSBA undergraduate within the MIMFA program. Six of these credits apply to the requirements for both the BSBA degree and the MIMFA graduate program. An additional six credit hours of master’s level coursework taken during the final two semesters as a Creighton undergraduate will apply to the requirements of the MIMFA degree only. (For illustrative purposes, the table below provides an example of the timing of these courses.) In conjunction with entering the MIMFA program, students will be required to complete GRD 600, an online on-boarding class for all Creighton graduate students.
- BSBA - Financial Analysis requirements
The following courses are required for the Financial Analysis track and are a necessary part of this accelerated dual degree program:
FIN 350 Financial Statement Analysis
FIN 505 Financial Modeling
- The following courses should be taken during the final semesters of the BSBA degree:
FIN 558 International Financial Management
ECO 303 Intermediate Microeconomics
MIM 722 Fixed Income and Derivatives I
MIM 724 Quantitative Analysis
- MIMFA requirements
The following courses are required of the MIMFA degree and will be completed as a graduate student after being admitted to the MIMFA program:
|MIM 734||Equity Analysis||3|
|MIM 738||Advanced Financial Analysis||3|
|Graduate elective approved by MIM program director||3|
|MIM 720||Ethical and Professional Standards||3|
|MIM 736||Fixed Income and Derivatives II||3|
|MIM 740||Portfolio Management||3|
This is a sample schedule. The list of classes that must be completed won’t change but there is some possible flexibility as to timing. Students should consult with their academic advisor regarding these options.
MIM 730 is normally a requirement for the MIMFA program. Students in this accelerated program may have MIM 730 waived if FIN 350 and FIN 505 are taken as an undergraduate, where FIN 505 must be taken for graduate credit.
MIM 732 is normally a requirement for the MIMFA program. Students in this accelerated program may have MIM 732 waived if ECO 303 and FIN 558 are taken as an undergraduate. where FIN 558 must be taken for graduate credit.
Students are responsible for identifying interest in this program by the second semester of the junior year (3rd year) to allow for proper academic advising and curriculum planning/advising.
Admissions criteria are as follows:
- Students must be a declared BSBA: FIN major (Financial Analysis Track) in good standing at Creighton University;
- Students must have completed a minimum total of 96 credit hours at the time of admission, with at least 12 credit hours earned at Creighton;
- Students must have achieved a minimum cumulative Creighton GPA of 3.5 overall.
- Students must apply to the Graduate School prior to commencing their final 18 hours of graduate credit in the Accelerated program;
- No GMAT is required if students have achieved the minimum GPA requirement and have made sufficient progress towards their Financial Analysis track major. The GMAT will be required for students who do not meet the minimum GPA standards.