Admission of International Students

Creighton University is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.

Previous Study

International students applying for consideration for the entry-level Pharmacy program must complete all prerequisite courses at a regionally accredited institution located within the United States or Canada regardless of previous coursework or degrees conferred at foreign institutions. The OT and PT programs will consider international coursework on a case-by-case basis.

Admission Credentials

The School of Pharmacy and Health Professions welcomes applications from international students.  In order to receive full consideration all international applicants must begin the application process at least nine months prior to the desired term of entry.  Certified transcripts bearing seals and original signatures must be sent directly to the School of Pharmacy and Health Professions. Photocopies are not acceptable.

Students whose first language is not English, have less than 2 years of full-time coursework in the U.S. and are non-U.S. citizens, must present a TOEFL score or IELTS score. A minimum TOEFL score of 80 on the IBT or a minimum IELTS band score of 6.5 is required. Applicants should enter the Creighton University School of Pharmacy and Health Professions TOEFL / IELTS Code number 6126 on their answer sheets when they sit for the examination and/or when completing a TOEFL / IELTS Score Report Request Form. To arrange to take the TOEFL, please visit the following website Education USA.To arrange to take the IELTS, please visit the following website For questions about Visa status please contact the Global Engagement Office at 402.280.2221 or

Degree Candidate Status

If an applicant's credentials indicate satisfactory preparation for admission, acceptance may be granted. International students may be admitted only as regular full-time students and are not eligible for special student status. The School of Pharmacy and Health Professions rarely admits students who are not seeking to obtain a degree from Creighton University.

Financial Aid

We regret that student financial assistance is rarely available for students who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States or its possessions.

Certificate of Eligibility (I-20)

Before any certificate of eligibility (i.e., Form I-20) may be issued, the candidate must have deposited with the University a specified sum, after having been accepted for admission as a regular full-time student. A similar deposit may be required annually in advance of each school year for which the student wishes to register, assuming he or she is eligible to continue enrollment in the University. Canadian students are not required to meet this special deposit requirement. The deposit may be waived, or the amount of deposit required may be adjusted if the applicant submits acceptable evidence of ability to meet the financial demands of his/her education. Students from foreign countries should be advised that immigration rules do not normally permit students to be employed while residing in this country.

Illness or accidents requiring medical services and hospitalization can cost many thousands of dollars. Creighton University requires all registered students who are not permanent U.S. residents or U.S. citizens to carry the health and accident insurance plan offered on a group basis to Creighton students. (See Tuition and Fees) for a single student. The insurance covers expenses arising from both accident and sickness, whether sustained at the University or elsewhere, during the entire policy term. The policy has few limitations, but these should be noted carefully. Creighton has set this requirement in line with the majority of other universities in the United States to relieve parents or students of the financial strain that normally accompanies unanticipated medical expenses.

If a student is sponsored by any agency that provides its students with health and accident insurance, Creighton insurance may not be required. Evidence of this coverage must be submitted to Student Health Service in order to qualify for a Creighton insurance waiver (See University Health Insurance Requirements).