Accelerated BSBA (Management or Marketing) + MS-Organizational Leadership
The BSBA to MS-OL Accelerated 5-year program provides an efficient progression to complete the BSBA in Management or Marketing and the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership in five years. The program enables undergraduate students to begin taking MSOL coursework during their final undergraduate year (i.e., 4th year) in order to complete their master’s degree at the conclusion of their 5th year. Students in either the BSBA: Management or BSBA: Marketing programs may apply up to 12 credit hours of MSOL coursework to both their BSBA degree (as electives) and to the MSOL master’s degree.
Students in the BSBA to MS-OL Accelerated 5-year program will enroll in 12 graduate credit hours during their final two to four semesters as a BSBA undergraduate within the MSOL program. (For illustrative purposes, the table below provides an example of the timing of these courses.) In conjunction with entering the MSOL program, students will be required to complete GRD 600, an online onboarding class for all Creighton graduate students. All of these credit hours apply to the requirements of the MSOL degree and for the BSBA major.
- BSBA, Management requirements or BSBA, Marketing requirements
- Plan of Study below during final semesters of BSBA degree
- Remaining MS, Organizational Leadership requirements
|GRD 600||Orientation to Creighton 1||0|
|GRD 601||Writing for Graduate Students||1|
|MSL 600||Leadership Theory, Application and Reflection||2|
|MSL 601||Strategic Planning||3|
|MSL 602||Communicating and Leading Across Cultures||3|
|MSL 603||Leading Innovation and Change||3|
May take this self-paced course in summer between junior and senior years.
Please note that students are responsible for identifying interest in this program by the second semester of the junior year (3rd year) to allow for proper academic advising and curriculum planning/advising.
Admissions criteria are as follows:
- Students must be a declared BSBA: Management or BSBA: Marketing major in good standing at Creighton University;
- Students must have achieved a minimum cumulative Creighton GPA of 3.0 overall.
- Students must have junior or senior standing.
- Students must apply to the Graduate School prior to commencing their final six hours of graduate credit in the Accelerated program.
- No GRE is required.