Bachelor of Science Online Program
The following program is offered in a fully online or hybrid format. Courses in this program are offered in 8-week terms:
- Leadership (B.S.). Students may choose to combine online courses with on-campus courses offered during the day.
Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Degree Programs
- B.S., Leadership/MBA - The accelerated MBA degree for students in the B.S. in Leadership program will allow students to begin earning credit toward the MBA degree during their final semesters in the B.S. program.
- B.S., Leadership/M.S. Organizational Leadership - The accelerated M.S. Organizational Leadership degree for students in the B.S. in Leadership program will allow students to begin earning credit towards the M.S. degree during their final semesters in the B.S. degree program.
Bachelor Degree Requirements
Degree-seeking students enrolled through the College of Professional and Continuing Education are required to complete CPS 200 Making the Transition to College:Strategies for Degree Completion. Students who have successfully completed RSP Culture of Collegiate Life and inter-college transfer to CPCE are not required to complete this requirement.
Students must meet the following requirements:
- a minimum of 128 credit hours, including at least 48 credit hours in courses numbered 300 or above
- a minimum of 48 credit hours must be completed at Creighton University, with 32 of the final 48 completed in residence at Creighton
- an overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.00, based on all courses at Creighton University
- completion of all applicable requirements of the Magis Common Core Curriculum
- completion of all major requirements, with at least a 2.00 GPA in the minimum requirements of the major
Magis Common Core Curriculum
The Magis Core Curriculum applies to students matriculating as an undergraduate degree-seeking student, Fall 2014 and after. The Magis University Common Core Curriculum is organized into four levels, with various Components in each level. Each College may designate additional College Core Components. Students must complete the designated number of credits in each Common Core and College Core categories using approved courses. List of approved Magis Core courses.
|Foundations||Explorations||Integrations||Designated Courses (1 course each)|
|Contemporary Composition (3 credits)||Understanding Natural Science (2 credits)||Intersections (3 credits)||Designated Ethics|
|Critical Issues in Human Inquiry (3 credits)||Understanding Social Science (3 credits)||Designated Oral Communications|
|Oral Communication (1 credit)||Global Perspectives in History (3 credits)||Designated Written Communication|
|Mathematical Reasoning (2 credits)||Literature (3 credits)||Designated Statistical Reasoning|
|Philosophical Ideas (3 credits)||Ethics (3 credits)||Designated Technology|
|The Christian Tradition (3 credits)||The Biblical Tradition (3 credits)|