Creighton Doctor of Physical Therapy Prerequisites
A minimum of 90 semester hours or 136 quarter hours are required before entering the program. Students who do not hold a baccalaureate degree must take coursework that includes in-depth upper division study in one discipline comparable to a minor at Creighton University prior to matriculation (18 semester hours). Prerequisite courses (listed below) must be completed with a grade of "C" or better (a C- grade is not acceptable). All prerequisite coursework must be completed by August 1 of the desired year of entry.
|General Biology I & II with labs (BIO 201/BIO 205 and BIO 202/BIO 206)||8|
|General Chemistry I & II with labs (CHM 203/CHM 204 and CHM 205/CHM 206)||8|
|General Physics I & II with labs (PHY 201/PHY 205) and PHY 202/PHY 206 or PHY 213/PHY 205 and PHY 214/PHY 206)||8|
|Human or Mammalian Physiology (BIO 449 or EXS 320)||3-4|
|Human Anatomy (EXS 331 or PHA 310)||3|
|English (ENG 150, and ENG 221/ENG 223/ENG 225/ENG 226/ENG 227/ENG 229)||6|
|Statistics (MTH 360, MTH 361, EXS 407, BIO 311, PSY 315, HAP 314; for other options ask the School of Pharmacy & Health Professions Admissions Office)||3|
|Electives (Creighton undergraduate students must complete 6 hours of Theology among the elective hours.)||51|
Selection of Applicants
Fulfillment of basic requirements does not guarantee an interview or admission. Admission is based on rigor of coursework, quality of academic institution, cumulative GPA, prerequisite science GPA, GRE score, recommendations, applicant statement, and interview.
To apply, submit an online application through PTCAS, a physical therapy centralized application service, at www.PTCAS.org and submit the following to PTCAS:
- An official transcript must be received from each institution the applicant has attended and/or is currently attending. Official transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institution(s). All fall and winter term transcripts, and transcripts for any coursework taken prior to application should be directed to PTCAS. All spring and summer term transcripts should be directed to the School's Office of Admission if the student intends on enrolling in the DPT program.
- Three letters of recommendation (one recommendation must be from a physical therapist). We prefer that one letter come from a college professor who can attest to your ability to enter a competitive professional program. If you have been out of school for some time, letters from a work setting can be helpful. Do not submit letters from family members or friends. Letters of recommendation are to be submitted via PTCAS.
- Proof of a minimum of 60 hours of observation supervised by a physical therapist.
- Respond to school-specific questions on PTCAS.
- Official GRE scores to PTCAS, using GRE code 7757.